It’s a big decision to choose a sofa! You can expect to wait 12 to 16 weeks for your new sofa to arrive. This is a big decision. You want it perfect when it arrives.
These are the most common mistakes that sofa-buyers make when buying a sofa.
Your sofa should not be too large or too small to fit into your living space. It also shouldn’t feel too small or too big for you. You should ensure that the seat is comfortable for you if you are tall. You may be able to rise from a seat with ease if you aren’t very tall or have weak knees.
If possible, test it before you buy. You can sit on the sofa, lay on it and test it as you would at home. Make sure the arms are at the right height if you plan to take a nap on your sofa. You should ensure that the back and cushions are as firm or soft as you would like them to be.
CHOOSING A SHAPE THAT DOES NOT FIT THE ROOM
You may have had your heart set on a corner sofa for years. If it doesn’t fit the space, you should not buy it. It’s not about what you like. It’s also about the right shape for your room. Every room is unique, and no one’s rule works for every room. ….
- One long sofa would be suitable for a rectangular room.
- Two- and two-seaters could fit in squarer rooms.
- You can use chaise sofas in narrow spaces.
- Corner sofas are great for larger spaces or open-plan areas.
The shape of your sofa should match the proportions in your room.
CHOOSING A RANDOM TYLE
Your sofa’s style should match the rest of your furniture, so it feels right at home. You can see the style of your sofa in its details. ….
- Traditional turned legs.
- Modern lines are cleaner and more modern.
- You can achieve a mid-century style with angled shapes
- These sofas are modern and more comfortable than the high-end ones.
- You can appear more formal with higher backs.
NEITHER GIVING ENOUGH CONSIDERATION OVER THE FABRIC
Fabric is a complex topic. Here are some tips.
- You can make your space appear bigger by choosing a sofa that is the same color as your walls.
- Your sofa will stand out more if it is a high contrasting color.
- Family-friendly fabrics such as washable or dark fabrics are better.
- You can make neutral fabrics elegant and classic.
- You can feel cozier with textured or pattern fabrics.
You should always see the fabric in person to get the best idea of its true color and feel.
Do not do your homework when it comes to filling.
Comfort and practicality will be affected by choice of filling.
- Feather-filled will look like a cloud but be ready for daily plumping!
- Foam-filled provides the best feel and is extremely low-maintenance.
- Fibre provides a sinking feeling and requires only weekly plumping.
So, determine what maintenance fits in your life.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO SEE IT IN REAL
You must sit down on the sofa to determine if it is right for you.
DON’T CHECK AND DOUBLE-CHECK SIZE
The perfect size sofa is essential. If your sofa is too small, it can make your room appear cluttered. Too large, and the space will feel crowded.
Also, make sure it fits in corridors and around corners.
I hope you found this helpful.