Canvas wall prints are a great way to display your photos. Canvas wall prints can be made by photo printing your image onto high-quality cotton canvas. They are perfect for showing off in any bedroom, living area, or dining room. Your photo is then hand-stretched onto a lightweight wooden frame. You can frame your canvas prints in many different sizes, including 8×10, 36×36 and metallic. Beautiful large canvas prints featuring your most memorable memories will impress your guests the next time you invite them.
Large canvas prints can transform photos into a striking display. They not only stand out in any living area but also tell a story of unique moments in your life. Learn how to hang a canvas print on your wall and what layout to use when displaying your canvas prints.
The size of your custom large canvas print is one of the most important things to consider when creating it. Consider the dimensions of your wall and how many photos you wish to include in your collage when choosing a canvas size. Below are the sizes available and some options.
Large Canvas Prints
- 16×16 This square-shaped print can be used to create a large portrait or a photo collage. It looks great hanging above your bed or dresser and would look great as part of a gallery wall.
- 16×20 A 16×20 Canvas Print is horizontally or vertically hung. It’s great for landscape photos as well as tall family portraits. This canvas print would look great hanging above an office desk or on a gallery wall.
- 20×30 – This canvas wallpaper can be used to create a collage of family photos. To help you break up your photos, add your family name or quote to the center of the collage.
Extra Large Canvas Prints
- 24×36 – This photo canvas print will be a great focal point for your picture wall. This print can be paired with smaller art prints or home decor pieces to balance your gallery wall.
- 30×40 – This long print can be used to display your favorite landscape photo. You can also hang it vertically to display a photograph of a tall building. This would work well if you have a favorite photo of the Eiffel tower.
- 36×36 – This large canvas print will impress all your guests. You can create a large collage using a unique layout with fun quotes or one of your favorite portraits.
How to Hang Canvas Prints?
Now you can choose the size of your canvas print and hang your custom Wall Art. Large and extra-large canvas prints can be easily moved and hung on the wall.
Here are the steps to help you get started with hanging your canvas prints.
- Gather your Materials. To protect your wall from scratches, gather all the necessary materials, such as a pencil and tape measure, screwdrivers, hammers, spirit levels, and wall protector pads. Decide what type of attachment you will use to attach your canvas on the wall. You can use a variety of materials, including medium-sized nails and sawtooth brackets.
- Where should you hang your Canvas Print? Then, decide where you want your canvas print to be hung and clean the wall with a damp cloth. Mark the location where you want to hang your canvas with a pencil. To achieve a balanced look, hang the canvas at its midpoint between 56 and 60 inches above ground. Hang your canvas print about 8-10 inches above furniture if you are hanging it above it.
- Hang Your Prints. You can use j-hooks or nails to attach your prints to the wall. Two medium-sized nails and two hooks are sufficient to make a large-format canvas print. To ensure your canvas is straight, align them perfectly. To ensure that your canvas is straight, hang it up and use a spirit level.
- Add stability to your canvas with a sawtooth bracket A sawtooth bracket can be attached to the back of your canvas to give it more stability. Mark the center point by measuring the top of the canvas. Place the sawtooth bracket on top of the canvas and screw each end. Then, attach a nail to the wall using a hammer and hang the sawtooth bracket.
Gallery Wall Layout Ideas
Layouts allow you to display your canvas prints in any way you like. Canvas prints of large sizes are great for a gallery wall. They can also be combined with other sizes. These large photo prints can be used as the focal point of a gallery wall in a living area. You could also create a smaller gallery wall with just two or three canvas prints.
These tips will help create a gallery wall that is unique to your personal wall art.
Select Your Layout
You can choose between vertical or horizontal canvas prints. Large canvas prints of large size are best for rooms with high ceilings. Horizontal prints will work well above a desk or fireplace mantel. Before ordering your canvas prints, make sure you measure the space. For a unique layout, you can hang your canvas prints on a stairwell or against a wall.
Use different-sized prints
You can pair your large canvas prints with a variety of prints in different sizes or mediums. You could pair your large canvas with a hanging Canvas Print with photos from your favorite vacations or quotes that resonate with you. Your gallery wall could also be adorned with digitally framed photos. Consider using the same color frames for high-resolution digital photos and canvas prints to create a uniform appearance.
Choose a theme
Choose a theme for your gallery wall. You can choose to display a collection of family photos or landscape photographs. You can choose a theme to help you plan the wall art that you will use for your gallery wall.
Plan Your Layout
Plan out your layout before you start hanging photos. Lay your art prints and photos on the floor and arrange them until it works for you. Your largest focal points should be your first, so place the smaller pieces around them. Asymmetrical layouts can be created with large and small prints. A diagonal layout is a good option if you want to create a gallery wall within your stairway.