It’s a good idea to keep your concrete driveway or exposed decorative concrete driveway clean with regular professional concrete cleaner in Gold Coast. It’s often the first thing you see upon entering your home or going out to work each morning.
Concrete is a marvel substance because of its strength and endurance. It is almost two thousand years since the Pantheon in Rome was constructed. The dome of unreinforced concrete is still standing. Professional cleaning and maintenance are essential to keep your home or business looking its best.
These are the top five advantages of concrete cleaning professionals
- Use time you have to save for something else. Professional high-pressure concrete cleaning will ensure a quality job. This will allow you to focus on the things you do best, or simply relax for a while.
- No need to scrub. Professional concrete cleaning services can remove oil stains from your car or barbecue.
- Protect your surfaces. Concrete cleaning professionals can remove the need to use abrasive cleaners and restore surfaces to their natural beauty. Pressure cleaning will not cause damage to polished or coloured concrete.
- Property value that is added for home sellers. A well-maintained driveway is a great way to improve street appeal and create a good impression for those looking to sell. A well-maintained driveway and walkway is a selling point. This tells potential homeowners that the home is well maintained.
- Cost parity and even savings compared with DIY. The time spent on DIY pressure washing is not worth it. Compare this time to your hourly wage. A professional will often be cheaper.
How to clean most concrete stains
Concrete walkways, sidewalks and patios will eventually wear down if they are not taken care of. Stains will soak deeper into the porous surface. Concrete cleaning should not be left unattended for more than a day.
Oil concrete stain can be cleaned
Sometimes, small spillages or spots from recent events can be easily removed using a mild detergent and a light scrub.
You may be able apply a degreaser to more severe stains. To ensure that chemicals don’t react with the surface, make sure you test them in a dark area.
You can make an oil-removing poultice by mixing kitty litter with acetone. Apply the poultice to a spot, then cover it with plastic. Wait. Although it takes some time, the solvent will eventually break down the oil and the absorbent medium will draw much of it out of the concrete.
TSP (trisodiumphosphate) is available in most hardware stores. It can be used to remove oil stains. Runoff into drains is a concern as it can cause algal blooms in lakes and rivers.
To complement the above, it is recommended that you hire a professional hot-water high pressure cleaning.
If you have the time, another oil-stain-removal method is Terminator HSD eco-friendly oil remover for concrete or driveways. These bacteria consume the oil and produce a little CO2 when they reproduce. The bacteria dies once all oil has been absorbed. This leaves behind sparkling concrete. It is important to be patient. Some stains may need to be cleaned out weekly.
Concrete stain for red wine
There’s an easy way to clean patios that have had a few too many drinks. To clean your patio, you will need to add a few drops tea tree oil and a little bit of glycerin to a litre of water. After moistening the stain with this, you can use a non-metal scrubber to clean it.
Crayon concrete cleaning solution
It is easy to remove crayons from concrete. Usually, a quick spray of WD-40 and a high-pressure hot spray of water will remove the crayons.
Concrete cleaning for cigarette stains
Mixing water and washing soda (not baking soda), with a light scrub, will remove yellowing caused by cigarette smoke on concrete.
Concrete driveways stained with mildew
Mildew can be caused by plants that are too high up on a patio or driveway. This mildewcide recipe might help to get rid of mildew from concrete. Wear appropriate personal protection and wear old clothes while using this product to prevent any mildew from getting on your plants and soil.
- Mix 1 litre chlorine bleach with 3 Liters of water.
- Add 1/3 cup powdered laundry detergent.
- Mildew can be treated with a liberal application
- Do not let it dry. Let it sit until the stains turn white.